Possible DUI Defenses
Have you or a loved one been arrested for driving under the influence? Do you feel like there is no way to defeat your charges? Often times people charged with DUI tend to want to admit guilt and move on. Don’t fall into this lure! You can fight your charges, no matter what the circumstances are. As an experienced DUI defense lawyer, I understand the ins and outs of the court system. That being said, I know the most effective defense strategies that can be used against DUI charges.
Some possible DUI defenses include the following:
- Lack of reasonable cause: A police officer must have probable cause to arrest you. This may mean that they witness you committing a traffic offense or driving recklessly. If they do not have a reason cause for the stop, the arrest and charges may be thrown out.
- Improper field sobriety tests: If a police officer did not perform a field sobriety test correctly, the grounds for your DUI arrest could be thrown out, meaning that your charges could be dropped.
- Incorrect breath, blood, or urine test results: When an officer checks your BAC using a breath, blood, or urine test, there is often room for error. If the results were read incorrectly, the test was given too long after driving, or even if you simple burped before taking the test, the results may be thrown out.
- A lower BAC at the actual time of driving: If an officer waits too long to give you a test, your body may absorb more alcohol, causing your BAC to rise. This does not accurately indicate your level while driving though, which can mean the arrest was made on false grounds.
- Your rights were violated: In some cases, arresting officers fail to treat individuals fairly or do not read them their rights. If your rights were violated at all in the arrest, your charges may be dropped.
While each DUI case will vary, I know how to find the weaknesses in the prosecution’s case against my clients. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your arrest, my firm is prepared to take on your case. You do not have to fight these charges alone! If you have been charged or arrested, be sure to call on me for dedicated and aggressive legal defense.