T. charles Shafer Attorney At Law PLLC.

Florida’s DUI Process

DUI Defense Attorney in Fort Pierce

In the state of Florida, there are some serious and harsh penalties for conviction of a driving under the influence (DUI) charge, and it is important that you understand your rights, your options, and the process you will face if charged with DUI. The process begins when a police officer pulls you over. You may be asked to perform a field sobriety test, and if the officer believes you to be impaired, then you will be arrested and taken to a medical official who will perform a chemical test. If the chemical test shows that your blood alcohol content (BAC) is at or above the legal limit of 0.08%, then you will be charged with DUI. It is important to know that you could be charged with impaired driving even if your BAC is below 0.08%.

You will then be placed in a cell where you may be able to obtain a release after a certain amount of time through a bail bond. Within 24 hours of your arrest, you will be informed of the charges against you. Once you are aware of the formal charges, it is important to contact an attorney before the next step. The next appearance is the arraignment where you will again be informed of the charges against you, and you will be asked to enter a plea. Motion or evidentiary hearings are usually requested by the defense and occur on the day of your trial. This is the opportunity for issues such as admissibility of evidence to be brought up. Finally, the trial will take place and you will either be convicted of the charges against you, or the charges will be dropped.

Contact My Firm for a Case Evaluation

As an experienced criminal defense attorney in Fort Pierce, I understand the difficulties associated with the situation that you face, and you can be sure that I will stand by you and work with you to pursue the results that you need. I offer a *free case evaluation so that you may obtain some legal advice and information regarding your situation before making any financial commitment to my office. Contact my firm today to discuss your situation and to begin the process of retaining the legal assistance that you need.

Get your questions answered - call me for your free* phone consultation (772) 467-2601

Related Articles

Related Topics