T. charles Shafer Attorney At Law PLLC.

Cocaine Charges In Florida

Fort Pierce Drug Lawyer

Possessing any quantity of cocaine can be considered a felony case of possession of a controlled substance. Even with this simplest cocaine charge, a conviction could mean up to 5 years in the state prison system and up to $5000 in fines. Of course, penalties only increase in severity if the amount allegedly found in your possession qualifies as enough for the case to be considered one of drug trafficking instead of simple possession.

Our state is notorious for its harsh prosecution of drug crimes, so you don’t want to be caught with cocaine possession charges and without a skilled and experienced defense attorney on your side. At T. Charles Shafer, Attorney at Law PLLC., I have been practicing criminal defense for more than 29 years. This has given me the opportunity to become extremely familiar with laws in our state, the strategies that prosecutors employ, and the best defense strategies with which to counter them.

Defending Cocaine Charges in Court

Drug charges involving cocaine are a serious matter with potentially life-changing consequences, but it is important that you know that you still have rights and options. When you retain my services, I will painstakingly comb through the details of your case. If your rights were violated at any point preceding, during, or following your arrest, for example in the case of unlawful search and seizure, then I will fight to have the evidence subsequently gathered dismissed for use in the courtroom.

Other possible defenses involve challenging the prosecution’s assertion that you both knew that the substance was illegal and had control of the area where it was found. No two cases are exactly alike, and as such, no one defense strategy is always best. I will only be able to guide you through the potential benefits and drawbacks of all your options after I have had the chance to thoroughly review your case, so contact my office as soon as possible to get started.

Get your questions answered - call me for your free* phone consultation (772) 467-2601

Related Articles

Related Topics