T. charles Shafer Attorney At Law PLLC.

Basic Information About Drug Sales Charges

Charged with selling illegal substances?

There are many different types of drug crimes that you could be arrested and charged with, one of the more serious crimes is sales. If you are arrested and charged with the criminal offense of selling illegal or controlled substances, then you need to remember your rights, and utilize them to your benefit. First, you have the right to protection from unlawful search and seizure. This means that a police officer must have your permission, or a warrant to search your personal property to gather evidence. In addition, you have the right to remain silent as any information you give out could be used against you at a later time.

Penalties for Conviction of Selling Drugs

If you are found to be in possession of a significant amount of drugs and the police officer finds other evidence that could suggest that your intent is to sell these drugs, then you could be arrested and charged with intent to sell. Intent to sell charge does not require an officer to see you selling the drugs, only enough evidence to show that sales was your intent. Drug sale in Florida is a second-degree felony, and carries a conviction penalty of up to 15 years in prison. Other penalties that you could face for conviction may include disqualification from eligibility to apply for a position with the state; and disqualification from applying for certain licenses, permits, and certificates. In light of these serious consequences, it is imperative that you contact a Fort Pierce criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible to ensure your rights are protected.

Defending Your Rights in Court

At T. Charles Shafer, Attorney at Law PLLC. I am dedicated to helping my clients achieve the results that they need for their futures. I understand the difficulties associated with a drug crimes charge, and you can be sure that I will stand by you and work with you to pursue the results that you need for your future. Contact my office today to discuss your case and to begin pursuing the representation that you need.

Get your questions answered - call me for your free* phone consultation (772) 467-2601

Related Articles

Related Topics